Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Looking for info on a car I just bought...

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for info on a car I just bought...

I'm not really a new guy but I haven't been around this site in a few years.

Anyways I just purchased a '99 Blue Z28 that has some mods and I was wondering if anyone around here knew the car.

It is definately a '99 Z28 Dark blue with an SS hood and spoiler and chromed SS wheels. That much I can be sure of.

I was told it has a Torquer V2 cam, milled 243 heads, 3600 stall, some sort of performance built trans, 3.73 gears and it has the headers, exhaust, and lid to go with it. It is either a stock or LS6 intake and I have no info on the valvetrain used with the cam.

I was told the car came from CT and was tuned by Slowhawk performance. Does anyone know the history of this car and can possibly verify the mods?

It runs like a raped ape, but I am hearing a slight tap from under the valve cover and I am also having a terrible problem with surge when starting up warm. I suspect a bad ECT but I have no CEL and I dont know what was disabled with the tune. I am going to contact Slowhawk tommorow and see if they remember the car and hopefully diagnose the surge.

Also I hate to ask but what should this thing run? The first thing I did was put a set of Nitto DRs and it sure feels like a low 12 or high 11 second car.

Thanks for the help guys!

Last edited by OldSchoolPSD; 01-13-2013 at 11:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Looking for info on a car I just bought...