Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy from Thibodaux LA

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

Default New Guy from Thibodaux LA

Hey Tech guys,

I am Paul Villemarette. I have been using the site for research/info for a few months and have decided to join. I am not new to car forums (so I know how to use the search button) lol. I am on the s10 forum because I have owned 2 s10s and currently drive one. Decided to make the move to the ls platform because they offer so much potential and lloking for a newer car because I just graduated college. I am currently looking at a black 98 trans am. http://houma.craigslist.org/cto/3548250465.html <heres the link. I called him and he did type the wrong trans, it's not 700r, but 4l60. The the cam duration is 224 not 324. The motor and trans was rebuilt about 2 years ago and has about 40k on it The body has 120k. Im going to look at it tomorrow. First thing is to put a trans cooler and get it retuned and swap out the msd stuff for stock stuff. Hope everything goes well.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 62 Likes on 44 Posts

alittle up date on the car. The paint is super clean. We went for a test drive. The guy came to a stop and did a launch. When he shifted into 2nd the trans took a dump and blew.lol No 1st 2nd 3rd 4th reverse, nothing. He called the guy up while waiting for the tow truck and they guy said he would rebuild it for free. So when I buy it, it will have a new, built trans in it.

Quick Reply: New Guy from Thibodaux LA