Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie in Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newbie in Kansas

Hey Guys,
I am a 28 yro Combat medic turned Nurse. I am still active duty I am originaly from Houston, Texas and Graduated High School in San Antonio. Long Story short I have a 73 El Camino that was my First Car built by my father and I but dad past away 2.5 years Ago While I was deployed well I am back safe and sound thank god and I am currently restoring the car a again in my fathers memory! Its got a pretty stout 350 in it but it passes most things but a gas station. So i am entertaining the idea of doing an LS swap nothing crazy just looking for around 400-450 crank horse power for a fun lil street Car. I had an 04 z06 for about a year while I worked in the oil field but had to give it up once I joined the Army and I loved the way the LS6 ran now I did have full Corsa cat back exhaust x pipe and a TNT wet 100 shot on a Window and Wide open throttle switch best time was 11.02 at 120 on street tires I am not looking for that out of my 4000lbs Elky thats for sure LOL. Anyways any advice is always welcome. I am building a 2004r trans I know it doesnt have the same low first gear as a 4l60 or 4l80 but it gives me a taller over drive this car will mainly be street driven and probaly never see a track I am looking at either 3.55 or 3.73 gears as the car currently sports 3.42 gears and I run 26 inch tall tires BFG Radial T/a 255/60R15 Well enough Rambeling God Bless and Take Care.

Quick Reply: Newbie in Kansas