Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New From Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 12:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default New From Wisconsin

Hey everyone, I'm new here from WI, Janesville and Milwaukee areas to be specific.

I currently have a Monte Carlo that I fully modded but decided that's too expensive to mod with very little results. I wanted to look into a 5th Gen Camaro, but the LS3 isn't enough ponies for the heavy car. So now I have decided to look into a low mileage WS6 or Camaro, 4th Gen.

Here's a couple pictures of the Monte...

When I got it:

After I was done modding:

How it sits now:

A lot of the stuff that I had sold was stuff that was yet to go on, but I had plenty of cash stuck into that.. I also removed black housed headlights, roof rails, led tinted tails, intake, full stereo system. Those are the main things that I have replaced back to stock at this point.

I hope to stay around and learn a little more about the LS1 and LS platform in general!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:57 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome aboard. Word of advise, don't buy a bone stock low mileage fbody if you plan on modding it. Don't make the same mistake most of us have made in the past.. buyin a low mileage car for $14k only to add another $8 to 10k in mods down the line. Just buy a tastefully modded car for $10-$12k and be done with it. There are a lot of affordable modded cars in the classified section, check them out..Trust me, you'll save a lot more money in the end....Most people don't realize how modding costs add up until its too late. I learned the hard way.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the welcome!

I plan on modding it, but it will be a slow process.. So spending a bit more money on it doesn't come off as a huge deal to me if I can find something that I really like, I do understand what you're saying though.

Do you think under 40k miles for under $15k is reasonable? Looking around here it doesn't seem reasonable but then again everyone in the classifieds here seems to want top dollar for their 100k+ mile car lol

Quick Reply: New From Wisconsin