Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2014 ss

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 ss

Hello LS1 Tech's

I'm a car guy and have been waiting for the reintroduction of the Zeta based Pontiac G8. I did not believe it would happen, but Chevrolet is trying.

I guess I should also state I am in the automotive industry and would like to think I know what's going on, but this Chevy SS shocked me in that, while rumored, is going to happen. Thank you NASCAR, but I like F1.

Please help me and all enthusiast of the driving experience in trying to convince GM that the new Chevrolet SS requires a manual transmission. I sent the below message and two others. In a previous email I labeled the new SS boring because it does not offer the same driver control as the G8 GXP....a five year old vehicle based on the same Zeta platform! How hard would it be to re-certify the manual gearbox? I was actually hoping for the Tremec tr-6070! Anyway, please help me and all enthusiast of the manual trans by contacting GM/Chevrolet directly and expressing your interest.

Do I support the automatic? Yes. But I also want the option of the m/t!

Best regards,
Alan

Last edited by lsmiata; 03-29-2013 at 12:02 AM. Reason: removed personal review of Chevy line-up. My point is option for manual trans being offered.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:04 AM
Staging Lane

dont see them taking you seriously as you spelled "camero" wrong.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 AM
Staging Lane

the car is what it is, many cars have had issues that I have not liked with features but I did not go and tell them what to chage, I bought it anyway. Maybe the future holds an option for a manual transmission, the G8 didnt come with the GXP right off the bat when it came out.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:12 AM

Thanks for the correction....I hope the main point is still valid.

PS: I think the Camaro looks
Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 AM

looks good!

As for follow-up, Zeta will go to Zeta-II and I do not know how strong it will be in comparison to the current platform.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:22 AM
Staging Lane

It's just if you want companies to seriously take your idea it just doesn't make sense on their point. Most of what you stated isn't really backed up by anything.

How can the g8 be a better car when we have not seen what this car can do? How is a camaro not usable when my mother figured out how to drive it?

Automatics are becoming the new wave of the future. I have no issue at all with that as they still make manual transmissions in their other platforms like the camaro and corvette.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 AM

gtfodave,

Your Camaro is a Zeta,... I love Zeta. Maybe I am just too large and accustom to sedans. Have you ever taken customers out to lunch in a Camaro? I also like the CTS-V, but it does not have the same rear seat legroom as the Zeta. I do not want to start a forum fight, but when you make a statement such as " the car is what it is" and "I bought it anyway" it goes against the point I am trying to make. Having forums such as this allows us as consumers to voice our opinion. We can make a difference.

Thanks for your input and opinion.

Last edited by lsmiata; 03-29-2013 at 12:07 AM. Reason: delited edit, clarification on why I want 4dr

Quick Reply: 2014 ss