Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

'Merica! Go big or go home = installing LS engine into drift car

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 04:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'Merica! Go big or go home = installing LS engine into drift car

I'm a lot better of a driver than mechanic, but I have been wrenching on my German twin turbo rear engine cars and Japanese V6 (turbo) cars, however now time for a piece of America's finest machinery to get into the Jap chassis (w fully standalone ECU). Pumped to get this engine fired up in a couple of weeks. For the record I'd love to do a Camaro platform but budget doesn't allow more than the powertrain this year.

I like to share good solid info as I go along in my projects and even though I am far from the first to put a LS into a project vehicle, I hope to be able to contribute with info/answers that I so far can't seem to find while doing research.

Will add single turbo shortly (soon as manifolds can be made to accomodate it), which should add a new (warp speed) dimension as well.

Last edited by MrWhite; 01-17-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2013, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some people may go 'now, what is this drift racing all about'. Well, it's pretty much about doing the 1/4 mile launch but before hitting the brakes at the 1/4 mark, set the car up sideways, sort of like a dirt track car takes the turns, except this is on tarmac. Needless to say, nobody wants to enter the banked turn 5 car lengths behind a competitor, therefore a lot of similar items come into play as at the drag strip- reaction time, getting the car to hook up, so tire pressure, gearing, sheer hp/torque etc is there. However, then the car also has to be balanced while sideways and the driver needs to be equipped with nerves of titanium. But we can address that some other time.

To the build:
Fueled Racing is a company that manufactures custom kits for various vehicle applications. These include everything needed to drop a LS into a vehicle, P/S lines, engine and gearbox mounts, headers that will fit, clutch lines that fit right onto the OEM lines. There are gearbox mounts and main shafts to choose from whether using T56, Magnum, GeForce, Jerico and most other popular gearboxes, spline count and length all accounted for.

Build thread here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...l#post17530782

Last edited by MrWhite; 07-08-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Quick Reply: 'Merica! Go big or go home = installing LS engine into drift car