Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Ls1 all motor Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls1 all motor Build

Whats up guys I'm new to this whole forum thing so bare with me here i have no idea what im doing. I am 19 years young owner of a 2000 ls1 Camaro z28! About 2 years ago i had a little incident and the result was low compression in 2 cylinders and a bent valve (hopefully nothing more) so i decided to save my money and build the engine since i was going to have to pull it anyway. At first i was looking into boosting it but i feel that will be over budget and not as reliable (correct me if im wrong) i just wasnt feeling it but then theres the all motor option which is raw power no lag or any of that nonsense.

This is all up for discussion im sure changes are going to be made with the plans which is why im here looking for as much help, opinions and knowledge i can get. Also i will post pictures of the build and results for you guys to see at the end. The car is going to be a street/track car, im looking to get about 500 to the wheels ALL MOTOR. I also want it reliable which i know is difficult when dealing with this amount of power and mods.
What would be the best heads and cam for this build?
What supporting mods will be needed?
My budget as of now is about 5-6k before tune but this may change over time as well but i plan on having the car on the road by May 2014!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

texas speed is very popular for heads,and 6.0l is a good motor to use
Old 09-10-2013, 05:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You wont touch 500rw on motor for that money..

Nitrous would be your best choice for that goal with that budget.

I suggest reading a ton.

I make good power and im a 408.. I make 508.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i probably should correct myself **As much hp as possible all motor** i actually was looking into the 6.0l i found a bottom end for pretty cheap and could build up from that but like i said I'm not to familiar with what people are running in there fbody to make good power now days.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looking at making big power requires looking at the big picture. fuel system/injectors. exhaust setup. what is going to break in the driveline after you make all that power?

it's easy to order a cam/head combo from Company X and put it on an engine, but something different entirely to realize you need more injector, more fuel, more air from your intake, ect.

best N/A way to make power is cubic inches. the more the better. like lemons said, hes making just over 500 with a 408, and i'm sure its no slouch either.

Quick Reply: Ls1 all motor Build