Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Im Ron Burgandy, and this is whats happening in your world tonight.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 08:42 PM
Q10
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im Ron Burgandy, and this is whats happening in your world tonight.

What's up guys! Im Quinton, and I've finally decided to join. I've been lurking in the shadows for a while now and I've finally decided to step towards the light. Hailing from the Motor City itself, I left the city with my dad when my parents split up towards the end of middle school. We moved to a suburb outside of St. Louis where unfortunately, I was sucked into the Honda scene during high school. Graduated '09, blah blah. Too personal? I thought so too. On to some more interesting stuff I suppose...

I had a 89 Civic, SOHC nonvtec, tore it apart and stuck a 14b (1g DSM turbo) on it. Sold it eventually. Bought a riced out 90 SI hatch from Illinois. Went all motor B18. Nothing too crazy here. Beat up on all the SS/SC Cobalt kids, got bored, sold it. Joined the Air Force. Bought a '98 CBR 600. Sprocketed, exhaust. Traded it in for my '09 R6 as a 21st birthday present to myself last year.

And here I stand. Driving my 1984 BMW 318i, I've had it for about a year now. Started with the m42 4 banger. Swapped a m50tu inline 6 out of a 1995 325i sedan. Threw in some 24lb injectors, headers (yes its inline, but it is actually two separate 3-1 headers) and a set of s50 (m3) cams. Got it tuned, made about 210rwhp. Exciting stuff right? No. So on comes the fun. Had a guy on another forum make me a topmount t3 manifold. Picked up a Holset H1C, blow thru MAF, 60lb injectors, TiAL MVR, HKS SSQV, blah blah. Still in the process of getting it all buttoned up right now.

But I can't resist the lure of reliable power. I originally thought to do a fox body 5.0 swap because of how cheap they are, and all the stuff for the swap. But I've always wanted a LS family engine, which brings me here. Any questions? Also, I tend to ramble. My apologies, didn't realize how long this was until I went back to check my spelling. Could this be the most thorough intro ever? Maybe.

Last edited by Q10; 10-21-2013 at 09:13 PM. Reason: additions

Quick Reply: Im Ron Burgandy, and this is whats happening in your world tonight.