Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello! From Oregon

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello! From Oregon

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Rich, I live in Milwaukie, OR; I'm in the process of a full restore on my 1967 SS Camaro, I've changed my mind about 500 times on which direction to go with this car. Being that it was a numbers matching 350/4spd car it felt like I should leave it alone but it also needed a full restore. My end goal with the car was a great driver, safe, powerful, and better than when it left the factory. I have no plans to ever sell the car, it has been in my family for over 25 years and it means a lot to me. With that leaving it stock was not going to work, I removed everything from the car and had the block checked out and everything was good but to really get much out of it I would have to lose the matching serial # and it would still be limited.

I tried really hard to resist the LS/T56 setup thinking it was too modern and did not belong in a muscle car, but after a lot of reading and thinking about my end goals I realized that the LS/T56 setup made perfect since. I end up with an awesome car that is WAY better than the factory and I can still keep the outside as stock as I want or not. It will actually end up a better sleeper because it does not need the radical cam to get the power and I can get great mpg and dependability with it.

So I have my engine builder putting together a killer LS engine setup for me, I'm rebuilding the front suspension and brakes, when this is done it will go in to the restoration shop for the full works. Still need to buy the T56, I'm waiting for the engine to get completed before I order one. I'm pretty excited for all of this to be done, it will be a couple more years most likely until its done, but it will be worth it in the end.

Any recommendation on rear end gearing on a 1st gen Camaro with an LS/t56 setup? It will be a street only car, no racing or strip. It currently is a 12 bolt with 3.31 posi.

Thanks,

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Hello! From Oregon-camaro.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hello! From Oregon