Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

another member

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another member

just another guy doing another 5.3 swap into a foxbody. nothing special, gonna go stock intake with a cowl hood with a 4l80e tuned by ez tcu and a walbro fuel setup with braided fuel lines and full length subframe connectors. typical aje k member and mounts, tci flexplate, 8.8 rear and 5 lug 96 gt front spindles.

i have been reading and documenting numerous posts from all over the web, i still know there'lll be some little problems i run into but mainly first thing first is to get it running and driving. after that ill build another 5.3 with ls6 heads, intake, cam, ARP head bolts, rod bolts, piston rings, ls9 head gaskets, and a cts v oil pan. once thats done ill order the stall ill need, a megasquirt system, and a roll cage.

the only question i have now which im still researching is the fuel system setup. i wanna go with a walbro 485 from the start since itll support the eventual turbo build but kinda confused still on what i need to run it. i believe i have figured that if its a returnless system then ill need a corvette filter/regulator combo and if its not i can just run a fuel regulator. the question i have at that point is if i do a regulator what lines need to be ran? i know obviously the supply from tank but do i run the return just to the regulator or do i run the return all the way back to the fuel tank? ill add the question in the proper place if i really cant find the answer.

not new to forums, not even new to this one, just never registered. my other vehicle is 2006 dodge ram rcsb hemi with LT's, intake, tune, no cats and dumped flowmaster 40's, sonax trans pressure booster wire, 6k HID heads and fogs, all LED tails, debadged, and a 2' drop shackle kit in the box waiting to be installed

hopefulyly ill find the info i need and answer questions if and when i can. thanks for having me! lets get on with making some power now!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome!

Quick Reply: another member