Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to site trans am owner in NC

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site trans am owner in NC

Hey all, I've been on this site a bunch reading and researching over the past few months and figured it's time I introduce myself before I go start asking people's advice in the tech sections. I'm 24, and back in October I bought a 2002 trans am sight unseen from my brother who runs a small used car dealer. He knew I'd been looking for a ls car for a good price and called me up while he was at an auction and told me there was an 02 6speed trans am with an exhaust that sounded awesome and he thought he could win it for a good price so I gave him a number I would pay and he ended up winning it for less, needless to say I was super excited to get out.

When I finally pick it up I got to figure out what all it had done to it. Its an 02 so it's got the ls6 intake, hooker long tubes followed by what I think was an off road y pipe with high flow cats added and a hooker areo chamber muffler. It's also got a whisper air box lid, a short throw shifter (I think b&m because all the Hurst ones I see have their name on it) and that's about it.
First thing I did was tear the intake manifold off because it threw a code for knock sensors so I replaced those, then I had to get it tuned because it was throwing a code for rear o2 sensors and secondary air system. So I took it to Mayhem motorsports in Raleigh NC and had them dyno tune it. It put out 333hp 340ft~lbs tq first run and after they finished it was 339hp and 352ft lbs tq. After that I put some c6 rims and tires on it and have been enjoying it.

I also put a cut out on after the dyno tune and am trying to figure out what simple and relatively cheap and easy mods to do next for a few more ponies. Any suggestions out there? I was thinking a ported and polished throttle body with the bump stop mod and a smooth intake bellow for cheap off eBay since my stock one is in rough shape and slightly torn anyway. Anyone think it's possible to see.10 hp from the last dyno run if I add the ported throttle body and after adding the cut out since last time it was on the dyno?

Quick Reply: New to site trans am owner in NC