Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Old guy noob

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old guy noob

Hi all! I've been interested in LS engines since I took a ride in a S10 with a built LQ9 (stock short block, with cam, heads, and carbed intake) last year around this time. It was an eye opener (in a couple ways), I hadn't paid much attention to the newer motors. Looking around the 'net a bit I found out that even the 4.8s can pump out righteous horsepower without a lot of work. That just ain't happening with the old stuff.

I recently picked up a friend's project he had to abandon due to divorce, a 1940 Chevy coupe. The Forty has a LS1/4L60E riding on Fatman/Mustang II suspension and rearend from a '98 Firebird, along with the steering column, radio, and the rest of the wiring laid out in the car. It also needs plumbing (brakes and fuel) and a lot of interior work.

I have played around a bit with EFI (Holley analog & Megasquirt) but this is a bunch of new territory for me. I've got a couple books on swapping and tuning but it seems like the depth of knowledge here is much greater. Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Old guy noob