Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Here from Leavenworth Kansas, gearing up for a 6.0 build.

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here from Leavenworth Kansas, gearing up for a 6.0 build.

Hi all. I am new to the whole LS world. I live north of Kansas City in the beautiful town of Leavenworth, the first city in kansas (or so that is what the town's moto is!)
My main reason here is I need to find out some more info on 6.0 build I want to do.
I have a 1972 Ford Station Wagon, it is a beautiful car, now I just want to make it go! I have been doing a lot of research on what motor to put in it, I originally wanted ford, but there is no real good motor for what I want. I want 500 RWHP, fuel injected, forced induction, and it to be a reliable daily driver. So from what I have looked I think a Iron Block 6.0 is what I want.

I am wanting to buy a wrecked truck and steal the whole drive line, computers, etc... Put a ford 9" in the rear, and go from there.
So any info on how I should build this, I would appreciate it. I am also wanting a 4L80E built for the transmission.
I am going to put it all in and get the bugs worked, then pull the driveline, build the engine and trans and axle.

Also any info on how to build a coil over four link for the rear, I would appreciate that, I am thinking I will go that route.

I am 25, My grandparents gave me this car, I already have all the body work done, the outside looks awesome! I am now ready to do the drive line! I am planning on keeping this car forever, so I really want to do it right.
Here is a pic of me with my grandpa and the car this past summer. I did not tell them I had all the body work done. They were ecstatic when they saw it. (They live in SoCal, and came out to visit.)

Anyway, thanks for your time! I hope this made a little bit of sense! I am excited to be on here!
Attached Thumbnails Here from Leavenworth Kansas, gearing up for a 6.0 build.-20130519_120237.jpg  

Quick Reply: Here from Leavenworth Kansas, gearing up for a 6.0 build.