Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from KS

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from KS

Been browsing the site for awhile, mainly the classifieds. Finally found a 2001 WS6 here locally. Went and picked it up, brought it home and got it all waxed up and cleaned, ready for cruise night and it started making a noise that EVERYONE thought was an idler pulley. So I pulled the belts and it still made the noise. Pulled the filter and realized something is coming apart inside the motor. I've been lucky over the years, buying used cars but this one got me. Car drives fine and runs good but after being excited that I finally found a car, looks like I'm going to have to pull the engine and find out what is failing and rebuild. Likely won't go back together the same way so I'm going to just wait for winter to come and save some money for some more quality parts.

One owner car with 87K miles on it. 6 speed with some bolt ons (cam,exhaust, sub frame connectors, etc). He had stripes on it and it ruined the paint under it so I ordered new ones, looks like I'll have a year to get them on, lol.

Old 04-14-2014, 01:12 AM
On The Tree

It'll be back and better than ever
Old 04-14-2014, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

I'd be pissed if that happened to me. Did you talk to the previous owner?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
I'd be pissed if that happened to me. Did you talk to the previous owner?
Oh, I was pissed but talking to him would do nothing but **** me off even more. I'll let karma get him back. I almost called him and said "that's really gutsy letting someone know where you live and then screw them over". But there's always that chance that something wasn't wrong and I have bad luck. Either way, it's not gonna change anything.

Quick Reply: New from KS