Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New LS-1/T-56 '72 Stingray Project

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS-1/T-56 '72 Stingray Project

Hey All -

I've had a salvage '72 Corvette that I'm accumulating parts for a project ride for a few years. Front clip is in pieces in the back yard, but the remainder's in good shape. body and bird cage are tight, frame's good, motor's there, along with the stock 4-speed. Since its a salvage rig and not worth a ton restored, the plan is to go through it and put in a Corvette LS-1, T-56, and make it look as stock as I can. I want a nice ride the wife and I can cover a couple states in one day inside.

I picked up a '98 Camaro T-56 about two years ago for $800 and just recently located the engine: '99 Corvette LS-1. 71k miles, all accessories, ECM, pedal , etc. for $3,500. I saw the vehicle it came out of, and heard the story about how it arrived there, so I've some good notion about it (but the risk of buying blind still scares). The motor and tranny cost together as much as the vehicle.

I look forward to getting educated on the LS motor world. my last project was a '62 CJ-5. I put in a 4.3 TBI and did all the fabrication myself:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/...1962-jeep-cj5/

Think I'll find good body and paint support for this build, however.

have a good one all; I look forward to reading and the community

Quick Reply: New LS-1/T-56 '72 Stingray Project