Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the LS world and needs help and any advice I can use to have a fast DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the LS world and needs help and any advice I can use to have a fast DD

Hey everyone I am a new to the L's world and I wanted to get some ideas from off here for my stock 2000 Z28 auto. This car will be my DD but I would also like for it to do good at the track. I am starting off with a tsp long tube headers and a magnaflow catless y-pipe from there I don't know where to go or what to get. I am open for all suggestions and any advice.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:51 PM

If you are getting the TSP long tube headers you should also look into there true dual set up.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you have a lot to consider but buy another 4 banger for a dd and then mod the Z. Once you start playing with it the gas mileage is going away. What ever you do to your car it is going to need tuning, fuel upgrades to pump and injectors. Modding is a slope that once you get onto it is hard to stop. Having the car sit for weeks waiting for something is no big deal if it isn't your DD but it sucks when you need reliability.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

From there I'd go with a LS6 or BBK SSI intake manifold, and a higher stall TC(3200 up to3600 rpm stall speed) for your transmission. Keep in mind that there's not dirt cheap short-cut to getting a quality high stall TC; Stick with a very reputable brand like a Circle D or a Yank Performance. I's also remember that the minimum TC stall speed recommended will depend on the aftermarket cam choice you will likely make in the not so distant future to Feed your Need for Speed!
Old 07-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
From there I'd go with a LS6 or BBK SSI intake manifold, and a higher stall TC(3200 up to3600 rpm stall speed) for your transmission. Keep in mind that there's not dirt cheap short-cut to getting a quality high stall TC; Stick with a very reputable brand like a Circle D or a Yank Performance. I's also remember that the minimum TC stall speed recommended will depend on the aftermarket cam choice you will likely make in the not so distant future to Feed your Need for Speed!
I was looking to install a 3700 stall is that a good choice to go wit
Old 07-19-2014, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah a 3700 rpm stall TC will be good as long as you're getting a quality TC. Not all TCs are the same, even with the same stall rating.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I agree with all above recommendation....I prefer the Yank 3600 as it is tight N/A and good for a N2O shot. Long tubes and a stall will wake it up nicely for DD and add a 100 shot for track duty

Quick Reply: New to the LS world and needs help and any advice I can use to have a fast DD