Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

dividing to go LS in my g body

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 05:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dividing to go LS in my g body

Hi guys im new here but have been searching about Ls engine for about 4 months now. I have a 83 monte carlo completely a project car, im wanna do the Ls swap would love to do a lq4 but very pricey. So im deciding to got to either a 4.8 or 5.3. Im looking to keep it fuel injected, possibly with a Holley mid ram or a carb style fuel injection intake with a throttle body elbow, would love to run the car intakes but hard to find a front pulley assembly for a good price. I do not want a/c, not worried bout heat either, it will probably be mostly strip and ocassanal good weather driving on the street and highways, im gonna be using a 350 turbo trans, probably a 8.8 rearend out of a mustang or a rearend out of a f body with 4.10 or 4.11, I have seen a YouTube video of a 5.3 claiming to be the highest horse power stock bottom end in a camaro on the dyno it was like a 900 something hp to the wheels. So it got me thinking, I wanna do a turbo using probably the stock manifolds, pnp heads, and a custom comp cam, and tuning with hp tuners. Ok hopefully this might be a good amount of details now my questions are, what heads should i go with, do I need a over sized throttle body, do I go with speed density or maf, injector sizing, can I use stock pistons or forged with stock rods and crank, what size turbo, I want maybe 700 hp to the wheels, and next year shooting for 1000 but dont want it to break.http://www.enginelabs.com/news/video-worlds-highest-hp-stock-bottom-end-5-3-goes-boom-on-dyno/

Last edited by 83monteLS; 08-26-2014 at 08:27 AM. Reason: posting link
Old 08-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys title ment to say deciding to go LS. Phone auto correct

Quick Reply: dividing to go LS in my g body