Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS

Hello guys just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Houston and this is going to be my first LS swap. I have a 1993 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab and I just bought an LS engine out a 2000 Chevy Silverado. I am pretty hand with a wrench and a mig welder, (I work for NOV as a field service tech), but this is going to be my first engine swap. So any tips, tricks, and advice would be greatly appreciated. I got the motor, tranny, computer, and harness already. I want to swap the intake for a 6.0 intake off of a 2005 2500 HD GMC Sierra. Will this work? I also, plan on adding a turbo down the line.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:06 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the site! Look forward to seeing this swap/build progress. I would give Martin Smallwood a shout on here or contact him directly here at the shop. He can answer any question you have and steer you in the right direction. Just send over an email to support@tickperformance.com or give us a call - 336.719.0599
Old 10-24-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. I'm gonna start taking the motor apart this weekend and clean it up. gonna see what needs to be replaced. I'll post pics as i progress.

Quick Reply: New to LS