Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LT1 ticking.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 ticking.

Hey folks, new to the site, thought id ask the experts about a nasty tick coming from my 95 Z28, Car has few mods done by myself, was completely stock when i bought it 4 months ago, i paid 700$ for it and put in a 30$ ignition switch and she fired right up, I've had no issues what so ever other than the A/C doesn't work (like i would even use it anyway) and it has a ticking noise that stays the same at cold start up, even when the oil has heated up and oil PSI has dropped it still has the same amount of loudness. I thought it could have been a cracked exhaust manifold, so i ran some sea foam through the brake booster line and pulled the throttle cable with my fingers to see if i could see any smoke coming from the manifolds, nothing. I took a stethoscope and searched around all the possible areas where the tick could be coming from and so far its coming from the back of the passenger side valve cover... This car is my daily driver so pulling the PS valve cover off looks like a PITA, i wont have time till this weekend. Any tips or things to watch out for while doing this? I know that God forsaken EGR tube is in the way of the valve cover but, thought id ask yall. Thanks!

Quick Reply: LT1 ticking.