Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

In the market for an LS1...I think

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 12:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the market for an LS1...I think

Hello everyone,
I'm probably an old man to you guys. 56 yrs old. I rebuilt my first SBC when I was 16 with the much needed help of my uncle, who, God rest his soul was a devout Chevy man. It was a 1967 Camaro SS and the year was 1975. Since then, I have been through numerous cars of all kinds but mostly Chevys. The last 10 years of my life have been spent on the Big Island of Hawaii driving a 1985 Mercedes 300CD. I'm selling that beast in the morning at 9pm and I have my eye on a red 2001 WS6 AT with 57,000 miles on it, bone stock. It is a one owner car purchased new by a now 72 yr old attorney. His asking price is $9500. It looks and drives cherry. I haven't been this excited since I was 16 yrs old when I bought that 67 SS. My questions are...is this car already a thing of the past to you guys? Is it worth it? Will it hold it's value if I keep good care of it and keep the miles down or will it drop like lead sinker no matter what? I can't afford an LS3 on a Laborer's pension.

Last edited by Joe Roe; 11-20-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Seems like a fair price on the car if its as you described! And in hawaii, your options are going to be far more limited on finding a low-mileage 4th gen. I wouldn't worry too much about the value over time. If you put 100k miles on it, you'll kill the value of course, but if you keep it reasonable, or use it as a weekend toy, your value should decline more regularly.

I certainly wouldn't buy it as an investment, its a car, and cars are terrible investments. Cars are either tools or toys, so focus on getting your money's worth out of it in use, not resale . Then, either way, you are happy.

Awwwww hawaii....
Old 11-20-2014, 10:33 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Joe Roe

Hello everyone,
I'm probably an old man to you guys. 56 yrs old. I rebuilt my first SBC when I was 16 with the much needed help of my uncle, who, God rest his soul was a devout Chevy man. It was a 1967 Camaro SS and the year was 1975. Since then, I have been through numerous cars of all kinds but mostly Chevys. The last 10 years of my life have been spent on the Big Island of Hawaii driving a 1985 Mercedes 300CD. I'm selling that beast in the morning at 9pm and I have my eye on a red 2001 WS6 AT with 57,000 miles on it, bone stock. It is a one owner car purchased new by a now 72 yr old attorney. His asking price is $9500. It looks and drives cherry. I haven't been this excited since I was 16 yrs old when I bought that 67 SS. My questions are...is this car already a thing of the past to you guys? Is it worth it? Will it hold it's value if I keep good care of it and keep the miles down or will it drop like lead sinker no matter what? I can't afford an LS3 on a Laborer's pension.

Looks like a great deal from the pic and based off what you have stated...57,000 is low mileage and one owner especially an older person is usually always a plus. The car prolly hasnt been ragged and beaten on....im sure driven obviously jus not thrashed ya know. Def still a very popular car and the LS1 reacts great to various bolt on mods....search the forum and learn as much as you can and welcome aboard....

Quick Reply: In the market for an LS1...I think