Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LSx, New to the site.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LSx, New to the site.

Hi all - My name is Nick and I'm from Little Rock, Ar. I recently started 2 builds that I am putting LS platforms into and will be looking for lots of opinions and knowledge. I am fairly new to the LS scene, but have been doing a lot of research and combing the internet looking for whatever info I can find.

My first project was a 1972 GMC 2500 camper special - started as a crate motor rebuild that turned into a full suspension, steering and brake rebuild and revamp, as well as a Dana 60 rebuild and disc conversion. So now I'm at the point of "Well, might as well upgrade on the motor/tranny too." And some of that stems from spending less to put an LS and newer trans in, less than rebuilding an old 350 and getting a 4 speed tranny for it,too.
I plan on a 5.3 or 6.0 with a 4l80e for this one

My second build, which wasn't exactly planned for, was taken on mid way through the truck. I had been eying this corolla wagon on the side of the road for about 3 years when another LS enthusiast lit a fire under me about buying it. Finally got it about 3 months ago, and it is a full engine, drivetrain and suspension build. It's a 1980 Toyota Corolla Station wagon - and a big source of inspiration as far as how I WISH it would turn out is the Driftworks AE86. If you haven't seen it, just google DW86 - that's some amazing work those guys had done to the car. Currently I have an LR4 4.8L that i picked up, looking to do an LS3 cam, LS1, 6, or maybe even keep factory intake if it'll fit, and a turbo. Haven't got into much other specifics yet since there is a little bit of fab work to be done.

I will upload some pictures later, but I wanted to introduce myself first so I could start picking brains!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:19 PM

Here is a pic of the Corolla and C25, Second is a buddy's LS1 swapped RX7 n front of the Corolla.
Attached Thumbnails New to LSx, New to the site.-photo-1.jpg   New to LSx, New to the site.-photo-3.jpg  
Old 12-20-2014, 07:15 PM
Teching In

Welcome
Old 12-21-2014, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Maxjon97
Welcome
Thank you sir.

Quick Reply: New to LSx, New to the site.