Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from central Jersey!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:44 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from central Jersey!!!

Hey everyone! I'm Josh and am still fairly new to the LS world, despite having my '07 Impala SS for just about 2 1/2 years now! I love the car, and am slowly and steadily learning on doing a few things for the top end swap (LS6 IM, LS2 Electronic TB, LS7 MAF...) and the 3" exhaust upgrade as well, replacing everything from the heads all the way back. Wasn't planning on doing it, but found out that i am roughly pushing about 250-260 HP on a stock set-up, and i want 300HP at the wheels, as well as a more pronounced exhaust note and tone.

But outside of the ride, a little about me. I am turning 34 in April, and am currently a heavy equipment operator for a hazardous waste disposal facility here in NJ. I am looking to move to another company come March (once i have a solid 2 years experience...), as my place is not a good place to work for. Not only is the attitude negative there, but NOBODY has gotten a raise in at least 8 years. So looking forward to finding a new place that will not only pay me better for the work i do and the skills, credentials and experience i have ( licensed heavy equipment operator since 2002, nationally certified operator since 2010, 2 years experience with both equipment and roll-off trucks, 24-hour OSHA HAZWOPER [Hazardous Waste Operations & Emergency Response] and Trackmobile [railcar mover] certified since 2013...), but respect and appreciate the work I do for them. And not only that, but i am also looking for the new job to work on something else big in this year - if not next year...

The other big thing i am looking into - or at least doing the major research for and possibly jump start on anyway - is adopting a kid and becoming a dad. I know, big shoes to fill and a lot of money involved in it. This is why i am hoping for the new job to get the car done first, then focus on having a kid. Time is flying by now, and i am at the point in my life where i have had or have done everything i wanted to so far, and think it's time to start having a family of my own someday soon. Not immediately soon, but near future soon. So wish me luck on both of those!!!

Other than that, i am an avid music aficionado and musician. Been playing drums since i was 4, and guitars for the last 17 years. Just got my first 6-string in more than a decade of playing strictly 7 & 8-string guitars, and am enjoying the smaller neck for a change. Music wise, i am primarily into classic and hard rock and an avid metal head, but i listen to and enjoy almost everything. I play primarily the same stuff on guitar, and play anything on drums. Right now, i am gettin heavily back into anything that is C-tuned - stuff like early Godsmack, System Of A Down, Prong, The Sword, Hatebreed, etc.

So that's about the sum of it for now i guess... hope to talk to some of you guys on here, as well as learn a lot about the LS platform and what I can do to my LS4 without going broke or homeless in the meantime!!! I will primarily be lurking and posting in the LS4/FWD section, as that is what i have and looking to modify, but will lurk and post in other areas as i have and get the time to.

Thanks for having me, and see ya around folks!
Josh in NJ

Quick Reply: Hello from central Jersey!!!