Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello, My kid sent me here

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello, My kid sent me here

Hey Folks,
Sayin' hi from Happy Valley Oregon.

About a year ago I bought a 52 F1 pickup and it came with the usual old school carbed 350 turbo 350 combo. and now I am rebuilding it from the frame up including the frame. It will now have an LQ9 6.0 with a 4L65E
First time for me building with a modern motor and I need help so here I am!!

Could someone please tell me where the proper place is on here for me to ask tech help from you experienced guys and gals on stuff like cam, headers, intake?

Thank you,
Will
Old 01-24-2015, 02:06 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome from old school bbc elder also. You will see that the engine itself is easy to work on until you get to the electronics side unless you are a modern technician. Im sure you will adapt along as I still am. Back int the 80's my business partner had a 52 F1 delivery that was in great shape with a 340 Mopar engine that went pretty good..front suspension was to be desired but still a rare truck. Post some pictures of yours.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Mod,
Thanks for the welcome. I am fortunate to have a master tech working for me and helping me when I get stuck. My dad bought a 69 Chevelle SS396 brand new in 69 . . . . To this day I can still remember how that thing sounded. Now he cruises around in a 47 Aero Sedan.
Be well

Quick Reply: Hello, My kid sent me here