Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Tuner turned out

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuner turned out

Hey Guys! First of all thanks for having me on LS1 tech after all the google searching I think I finally found a site where some of you guys may be able to help me. I was turned on to the idea of a lowered GM pickup a few months ago. I have picked out a few of the body styles I like. Now for the most important part. The engine selection! I have owned a heavy modified SRT4 (I know blasphemy) for quite sometime. I am now looking into the 5.3ltr, and to find out to my amazement there is a whole world of possibilities.

I am looking to make a streetable yet ground thumping beast all motor (at this point and time) I can get the 5.3's a dime a dozen where I live. If someone could point me in the right direction so I can begin researching I would greatly thank you. If you have any advice about the 5.3 and a great place to find heads. cams, etc That would also help. I am going to purchase a separate 5.3 to do the work to till I am ready to swap it out with another. I really need baby steps here. Such as ECU information, Tuner hardware information, Head selection, Cam Selection, Intakes, etc. I have years worth of research on tuner cars and vendors. Now I am stepping up to the big times and I have no starting point at all when it comes to identifying the propper part number for aftermarket parts for the propper engine. Thanks for any help and as always MERICA

Something sounding like this

Quick Reply: Tuner turned out