Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings from Toronto!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings from Toronto!

Hey there ladies and gents!

Just wanted to give a quick hello from the (finally) warmish province of Ontario! I'm new here to the forums, new to the small block Chevy world and still a wet-behind-the-ears car guy.

Quick background: 28 years old and always had FWD Honda cars (Prelude, Civic, Integra) since I was 17. Finally decided to make the switch to something with a respectable powertrain and I can't believe it took me this long. I'm not much of a mechanic and my knowledge is fairly basic when it comes to new modifications, so my existence here is to share my experiences, ask a ton of questions and hopefully connect with some great people along the way.

Car: I picked up a '98 Z28 with the LS1 and T56 tranny last week. The car has 150,000kms (93,000 miles) and is basically in excellent shape. The previous owner stored this car in his heated garage and had owned the car for the last 10 years. It's been rustproofed every year and the body has no holes or rusting anywhere. It has a few minor scratches but overall I'm completely satisfied with the exterior. The interior is basically immaculate and was detailed quite often. All original interior parts, no rips or tears in the leather and just usual wear on the seats. T-tops, drilled and slotted rotors. Previous owner said the calipers and wheels came from a C5 Vette...anyone know if this is correct (re: wheels?). As far as I know everything else is stock.

Powertrain: LS1, T56, Monster Stage 2 clutch w/ 28lb flywheel, 4.10 gears

Pics:

Name:  IMG_4321_zpskfdritiv.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  217.6 KB

Name:  IMG_4331_zpsafdli7h1.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  153.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4338_zpssfy1tr5v.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  250.9 KB

Welp, I hope this was easy enough to follow and I look forward to interacting with most of you and doing my best not to make myself look foolish. Heard I should probably start with some subframe connectors first...thoughts?

Quick Reply: Greetings from Toronto!