Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Drift 93'

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2015, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drift 93'

Hello Eveyone!
My name is Zueus, owner of a Teal 93 Camaro z28. Overall build and direction I am going with will be drift meets early 90s trans am racing, with need for speed styling cues. I know this is not the "popular" route as most fbodys see drag time, with that being said please keep all negative and "it cant be done" comments to yourself! The car will see drift time in the future as well as canyon carving (California canyons are beautiful!)It will be a street driven daily driver. Low, wide & agressive as hell is the stance I am going for.

Step One: weight reduction.My personal styling is minimalist and simplistic so it made weight reduction and "deleting" of everything I deemed unecessary and/or ugly such as the P/s , A/C , sound deadner, fog lamps etc etc! so far I have removed about 214lbs without hacking not a bad start!

Instagram - @iamzueus

Old 07-03-2015, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

No one will tell you "it cant be done" as it has already been done numerous times.
But let me give you some tips as someone with experience with these cars and handling (autox).
Don't go too low, while it may look "cool", its simply not functional with the suspension geometry we have. 1.5" is near the limit of function until you start cutting and welding things up.
Don't fall for the coilover hype. Just because its a coil over doesn't mean its good. Vast majority made for our cars are unfortunately drag coilovers, that are not gas charged (see dampening fade) and when you adjust the settings they do not change with piston speed (cheap). Ridetech, Penske, Race bilstien, and KW are some legit coilovers if you have the coin. Other wise stick with the proven Koni SA/strano setup, or koni SA sport shocks and custom springs.
Square tire setup is most ideal for handling with these cars, not staggered.
Use the search feature before you buy anything! There are so many shiny parts out there that will kill the handling/stability of these cars because the parts were made for drag racing but might not be labeled "just for drag" - some claim to help handling but really don't.
Check out the road race section, there are some drift builds in there.

Quick Reply: Drift 93'