Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newby novice

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newby novice

Hello all!!! I've been looking at the site for a while. I'm finally doing a 5.3 swap into a 86c10 shortbed. I'm sure I'll have some questions but I'll surf the site first.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:37 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!

Alot of parts are available for that truck now, including the Dirty Dingo Mounts and Hooker Headers.

If you have any questions or need any parts prices, shoot me a PM.

Good luck with the build!

Mike
Old 10-04-2015, 07:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I did my 88 4 door square body using mounts & shorty headers on ebay. In Ls chevy conversion. Motory tranny dropped in easy but I relocated tranny crossmember back abit so could take tranny pan off if ever wanted to. Hoses silverado 5.3 work. I reworked wiring on motor using Lt1Swap.com site. For speedometer conversion to electric. Get a91 suburban cluster, goes in changing wiring connector around a bit. Add wire for speedo.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I have been looking at all the sites for a while now. I didn't know about the 91 cluster and I'll check into that. My big concern is the fuel system. Before I decided to do the swap I bought brand new tanks for it. Now I see I have the choice of running external fuel pumps(which I heard were very loud) or trying to sell them and get the 87 tank. I'm sure there will be more headaches but I'll continue to ask questions and search the sites. Thanks again for the replies.

Quick Reply: newby novice