Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally have time to say hello...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 10:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally have time to say hello...

Hello everyone. I actually signed up for the site a few months ago, but, between retiring from the military and starting a new career I got a little sidetracked. My name is Sid and I built my first hot rod at 16. I swapped back and forth between building Camaros and Mustangs for years. I could build small block Chevy and Ford engines in my sleep back then. Then, it's the same old story as most folks. I got married (a couple of times...), had a family (or 3), and hot rods took a back seat for a while. Then, between marriages 2 and 3, I got to play a minor part in helping a buddy build his 2002 Camaro 383 LS stroker and got the itch again. I bought his 2000 V6 Camaro and have slowly started buying up parts to do an LS swap on the car. I will finally be in the position at the first of the year to get very serious on the build. Right now I'm looking at building an LS2 402 stroker set up for turbo (not set in stone, willing to change my mind). I'm fairly new to the LS motors and will be relying on my buddy and this community to help on some of the technical aspects of LS motors that are different than what I grew up building.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and hope to get to know some of you soon!

Sid
Old 10-25-2015, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Do work and buy more parts! Welcome good sir!

Quick Reply: Finally have time to say hello...