Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just passing thru

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2015, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just passing thru

Hi all I'm a oldschool mechanic and thought I was finished working on junk, then I wound up with a 82 c10 with a tired 305 and decided to do the ls swap. I bought a LM7 /4L60 and now I'm spending money like a drunk man at a strip club. I hope I'll have some gas money left for a test drive when I get done.
Old 11-08-2015, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

welcome to site. I have a squarebody as well. Hardly nothing as Gm put it on my truck. Its all pieces from bunch trucks. The Ls drops in easy using mounts from ebay. Ones that slotted on block side and thru bolt holes. Then I used shorty headers as well from ebay. They were china made but actually decent headers. If using Ls truck harness you can use Lt1Swap.com site tear it apart yourself. Its not to hard. But I recommend a chevy cavalier fuse panel(underhood box) works well. Send questions if need too.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:34 PM

Thank you for the welcome. So far I'm just getting the parts gathered up that I need and the list is getting smaller. I talked a friend who runs a race car shop into doing this for me because I would never get it finished. I'll post some pix when stuff starts happening.

Quick Reply: Just passing thru