Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Happy to be here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy to be here!

Hello, My '05 f150 gave up the oil pump, my only transportation to and from work other than my Superglide, had $5,000 for a down payment on a new car saved up. I was looking at the new Mustangs however thinking of 5 yrs. of payments I hesitated a few days, I looked at the Camaro's next door at the Chevy place. A friend of mine at work told me about a '98 Z28, LS1 near Atlanta, he said the guy wanted $4,200. We went up the next weekend. the guy owns a shop and it was in the middle bay, I got their early. Needless to say the anticipation was building he showed up and open the door, I saw pictures of it but seeing it up close I wasn't expecting my own reaction, see I never really gave these cars a chance seeing them on the street. I took it for a test drive, came back and told him it drove good but I didn't put it through the paces. I asked him to drive me down the road, what a ride I couldn't believe the power this car had with 135,000 miles on it to boot. I gave him the money and never looked back. Back in a Chevy after 38 yrs. and proud of it. I had to pull off the highway 3 times to wait for my girlfriend to catch up before we got back to Savannah. Car is bone stock with rebuilt auto transmission.

Quick Reply: Happy to be here!