Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New F-body owner, ex 4-banger racer

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F-body owner, ex 4-banger racer

Hi, my name is Jon and I am addicted to drag racing. haha. I have been modding and tuning cars, mostly 4 cylinders, for over 10 years, Last car I built was a 5-speed AWD Mitsubishi Eclipse that went 10.88@137 on all season tires, but couldn't hold onto a transmission for a whole season, so.... I have now ditched that project and bought a 100% stock 2000 LS1 Trans Am with an auto 4l60E transmission and 3.23 rear.
My goal for now is to get back into the 10's with the LS1 and bolt on's and maybe a little nitrous. Already have a 28" tire on the back ( 275/60/15 Hoosier DOT drag radial ), done an EGR delete and about to install a set of XS 1 7/8th long tube headers, and I am tuning with HPTuners.

I also take parts donations too if anyone wants to contribute to helping me go fast again! haha! Glad to be on LS1tech and look forward to sharing my progress on this car with everyone!
Attached Thumbnails New F-body owner, ex 4-banger racer-transam.jpg  
Old 02-19-2016, 10:43 PM
Teching In

Did you try a Shepard trans in the DSM? I've seen those things take a beating and keep on rolling. Look forward to the progress on your LS1. I too went from 4 to 8, although that was some years ago. I'm on my 3rd LT1 car, but I'm in the processing of going to the LQ4, shooting for 10's with a t56. To get in the 10's, you will likely need a power adder for the LS1...at least from what I know today.
Old 02-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Teching In

@ 95hawk326 - I had it built by Jacks to the strongest they could, they called it there "drag Trans". made it about a year at 600+ whp before it lost 4th gear, but I do alot of racing... Thought about going auto, but I saw this TA for sale locally and had to have it. Getting older, growing out of the 4 cylinder stuff, so just made the decision to move on. Thanks for the advise, I was in the process of piecing together a turbo kit, but decided it was more weight in the front than it was worth for my goals. Good luck too you on running 10's as well!

Quick Reply: New F-body owner, ex 4-banger racer