Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Out of place but here to learn!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out of place but here to learn!

Hello everyone,

My name is Daniel and I'm located in Austin, TX. I've been messing around with cars for a while but don't actually own a V8 powered anything. My current project is a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi, which is a cheesy 90s car that is turbo and all wheel drive. I'm in the process of building the car into a very quick and fun street car that sees occasional track time. Specs with include a built motor, Holset HX40 turbo, upgraded exhaust, fuel system, brakes, wheels, suspension, you name it.

Anyway, I'm here to learn about my next project, which should be an LQ powered International Scout. I need to spend some time getting acclimated to the ins and outs of the LS and LQ motors.

I look forward to picking up some knowledge and hopefully I can contribute somehow.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tragdor
Hello everyone, My name is Daniel and I'm located in Austin, TX. I've been messing around with cars for a while but don't actually own a V8 powered anything. My current project is a 1993 Eagle Talon TSi, which is a cheesy 90s car that is turbo and all wheel drive. I'm in the process of building the car into a very quick and fun street car that sees occasional track time. Specs with include a built motor, Holset HX40 turbo, upgraded exhaust, fuel system, brakes, wheels, suspension, you name it. Anyway, I'm here to learn about my next project, which should be an LQ powered International Scout. I need to spend some time getting acclimated to the ins and outs of the LS and LQ motors. I look forward to picking up some knowledge and hopefully I can contribute somehow.
You are off to a good start already because you said Ls and Lq separate instead of LSX lol..
Old 02-15-2016, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Burken01
You are off to a good start already because you said Ls and Lq separate instead of LSX lol..
Yeah, I figured that the LSX notation really is referring to LS1, LS2, etc., right?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:37 PM
Teching In

And a pretty nice intake manifold.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tragdor
Yeah, I figured that the LSX notation really is referring to LS1, LS2, etc., right?
It's more of a blanket term like SBC, BBC etc..

Quick Reply: Out of place but here to learn!