Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member from the STL area!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member from the STL area!

Intro:
Hey guys, gals, and fellow LS1Tech members! As it shows, I am new to the forums so I thought I would start off with a little about me, what i am hoping to gain from the forums, as well as my current ride.

About me:
My name is Josh and I am 23. I recently left my job as an explosives & hydroblasting technician and just started (a few months ago) working at a bank corporate center. Traveling the US and Canade with the hydroblasting job made it hard to enjoy my hobbies so I felt moving to a 9-5 was the best route for me. I've always enjoyed motored vehicles from four wheelers, to crotch rockets, to cars & trucks. With me paying my truck off, I have decided to take the money I was putting back for a new bike and invest it into my truck to work toward that final goal i had in mind for it.I am wanting to build sort of a lower end "luxury-runner". Go for that aggressive offroad look but still keep my day to day interior necessities. I have always wanted to achieve that look and figured I should start off learning about and building the motor to be the powerplant it needs to be to move some 37s at a good rate, so thats when I landed here!

What I hope to take in from you guys:
I am most importantly wanting to learn more about LS motors and just drivetrain knowledge in general. I want to study up on builds and mods people are doing and why. Learning like what things like compression ratio really mean (yes im that inexperienced). Not to mention just to admire some beautiful rides and peoples artwork. Hoping to get some great advice about my near future build idea. Just to learn as much as possible in everything haha.

My ride:
She's nothing special but she is mine. I drive a 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500. It has the 5.3L Flex Fuel, extended cab and a standard bed. I plan on trading it in for a 2008-2010 silverado crewcab 4x4. To help offset the costs of trading it in, I plan on looking for the 4.8L model (if they make them in 4x4, not too sure on the options). I would like to have a motor built, running, and ready to drop in. Would like to make sure with fellow members advice all my plans do add up.

Mods:
K&N Intake
Rhinolined rocker panels and bed rails.
5% Tint
Self painted white mirror caps
Painted the chrome grill black and outlined the bowtie white.
Black housing Spyder headlights with halo.
20" Black Rhino rims with 33" General Grabbers.
running boards
LED tailgate trim.
Debadged and rear bowtie painted black.
Tinted the stock taillights with cutout tinting for the reverse lights.
True duals all the way back with 1 XCell muffler for each side dumping out through 4" all black tips fired straight back.

Anyways here is a picture, and I am hoping for a nice stay here!

New member from the STL area!-rbfnd8v.jpg

Last edited by Krayt; 04-08-2016 at 07:22 AM.

Quick Reply: New member from the STL area!