Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

LS newbie got screwed over buying motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS newbie got screwed over buying motor

Hey guys. I am new to the LS swap world but not new to restoring/resto-mod cars and trucks. I have decided my first LS swap is going to be in my 60" Belair. I am in the process of doing a frame off. The frame has been removed and blasted, primed and painted. New upper and lower tubular control arms. New front disc conversion and air ride installed. All new brake and fuel lines. Bout to tear apart the rear end next. Body has been blasted and primed and body work is being done now.
I'm not one to bash anyone especially on the internet so I will not use any names but I have had a horrible experience with my first LS purchase. I did a web search for LS Swap/drop outs for sale. Found this one site that looked very "qualified" (I use that term very loosely) and seemed professional. again, loosely. I am not going to use their name but they are out of Kansas. They had the best deal going so I purchased a 5.3 with a 4L60-E. Package came with a stand alone harness, remapped ECM, all accessories and even MAF. Basically and plug n play set up. $1950 and included shipping. 3-5 weeks delivery. SOUNDS GREAT HUH?????? Well after repeated attempts to contact the seller, 3 different phone numbers, multiple calls with left messages, emails, texts, with no reply I contacted PayPal. After 10 weeks they sent me the motor and transmission. No harness, no ECM, no rails or injectors no MAF. I again contacted Pay Pal and I am still waiting. I purchased this set up on Jan 12. So needless to say I'm furious. Again, I am not one to bash someone but these guys are either scamming people or they have the worst customer service in the world. If you are looking for a set up please avoid, or at least be cautious of shops in Topeka KS. I am just going to chalk it up to a learning experience and move on. I am looking for a harness and ECM and rails and injectors and MAF.... LOL. Anyone got any of these they want to sell let me know or if you can recommend where I can find these. I've tried eBay but everyone on there wants to cut my harness and remap my ECM. I have found this message board very helpful and I will try the searches before I ask a common/repetitive question but please bare with me. As I do more of these swaps I will get better at it. I have a 49, 51 5 window and a 54 5 window pickups I am doing and will be putting 5.3's in those as well. I think I will have tons of clearance with those. Thanks for all the help you guys have given and will give in the future.
Old 05-06-2016, 08:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on your engine year and if you have cable or DBW throttle. DBW needs basically stuff from one donor to match. Just easier in long run. I never bought a harness but have done truck harness using info from Lt1Swap. He does pcm programming and mess with harnesses. He in Missouri and I had good luck with him. 99-02 cable throttle on trucks and 03-07 I know is DBW throttle. Good luck and welcome to site.

Quick Reply: LS newbie got screwed over buying motor