Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Chic from Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Chic from Indiana

Hi, thanks for letting me in I bought a red 96 Camaro SS (was love at first sight) last spring but I don't really know much about it other than how to drive it of course so I am here to learn all I can. Yes I am your typical chic, don't know **** about cars but I love how the 96 looks, sounds and drives. I would like to learn how to get the best engine performance from my car.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:12 AM

Also, what are the most important things to know about specs?
Old 06-18-2016, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Red96SS
Hi, thanks for letting me in I bought a red 96 Camaro SS (was love at first sight) last spring but I don't really know much about it other than how to drive it of course so I am here to learn all I can. Yes I am your typical chic, don't know **** about cars but I love how the 96 looks, sounds and drives. I would like to learn how to get the best engine performance from my car.
Welcome, Congrats on the new car. Plenty of NW Indiana members on here. I'm from the Dyer area. You have come to the right place to learn. There are some very talented and helpful people on this site. Most importantly a world of knowledge at your fingertips. Don't be afraid to utilize the search engine. A good idea is to start with the stickys at the top of each forum page. Just dive in and don't be afraid to ask questions. Take it easy
Old 06-18-2016, 12:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Red96SS
Also, what are the most important things to know about specs?
Specs on your new car? You can either search your year, make, and model on here or google. Would be beneficial for you to get familiar with your cars basics. Engine size, transmission, rear end, stock wheel and tire sizes, horsepower/torque, etc. For starters, the main difference in a 1996 SS Camaro would be that it has an LT1 engine in its stock form.

Quick Reply: New Chic from Indiana