Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Old man with a wrench !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old man with a wrench !!

I've been lurking silently learning from you guys. I'm old school and when I purchased my 2007 Avalanche with engine problems I envisioned a rebuild of a 1980 Chevy 350. That sucks. I have had to do more research on parts and planning than any other motor I have ever done . I am rebuilding and doing a dod delete . With all the changes and mods I can find .not a hot rod ...just want a solid truck. Happy to be on the forum .
Old 08-19-2016, 10:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 530 Likes on 374 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kingdong
I've been lurking silently learning from you guys. I'm old school and when I purchased my 2007 Avalanche with engine problems I envisioned a rebuild of a 1980 Chevy 350. That sucks. I have had to do more research on parts and planning than any other motor I have ever done . I am rebuilding and doing a dod delete . With all the changes and mods I can find .not a hot rod ...just want a solid truck. Happy to be on the forum .
You don't yet know how happy you are to be here. Several design changes make the LS style engines much easier to wrench on than the old school SBC's. You can make far more power, and do it cheaper. The only caveat is the electronic controls. If you understand them, it is a hell of a lot easier to punch a keyboard than to change carb jets or twist a distributor cap, but if you aren't comfortable with computers, it could be daunting.

Quick Reply: Old man with a wrench !!