Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

A nice car at last . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A nice car at last . .

Before I bought this car, I had been driving my brother's old 94 Thunderbird, so my new car is a real step up My best friend, who I've known for about 13 years, drives a Trans Am, and ever since he let me drive it around a few times, I was hooked, and knew that I wanted the exact same type of car.

Well, a few weeks ago I found a '99 TA WS6 on Autotrader. From the pictures, the car was in immaculate condition, and the guy was only an hour away. On top of all of that, the car only had 38,000 miles on it, which, in my opinion . . is incredible for a '99. (My father's 01 corvette has 59k)

Cut to last week after giving the guy a call and arranging a time to go check out the car, I drive up to Katy TX to see this beauty, doubting it would be as nice in person as it was in the pics.

Boy was I wrong. As we finally got to the house and the owner carefully pulled the car cover off of the TA, I knew he had put alot of effort into taking care of the car.

The exterior was flawless. Not a single visible scratch that I could see, the only imperfections were the usual paint chips from rocks. The inside of the car was no different. The seat belt guides, seats, dash, steering wheel, and door panels, were all in perfect condition. Every gauge and button worked(minus the driver's side window button, which seems to work for a few seconds before dying, then works again a few minutes later), the AC blew cold, and the sound system was amazing. I was convinced before I even took it for a test drive, which convinced me even further.

A week later, that beauty of a car was in my garage. I just found these foruns today, and thought I'd share my story I'll have pics up after I get her washed n waxed if anyone's interested!
Old 05-24-2008, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by screechbaby
Before I bought this car, I had been driving my brother's old 94 Thunderbird, so my new car is a real step up My best friend, who I've known for about 13 years, drives a Trans Am, and ever since he let me drive it around a few times, I was hooked, and knew that I wanted the exact same type of car.

Well, a few weeks ago I found a '99 TA WS6 on Autotrader. From the pictures, the car was in immaculate condition, and the guy was only an hour away. On top of all of that, the car only had 38,000 miles on it, which, in my opinion . . is incredible for a '99. (My father's 01 corvette has 59k)

Cut to last week after giving the guy a call and arranging a time to go check out the car, I drive up to Katy TX to see this beauty, doubting it would be as nice in person as it was in the pics.

Boy was I wrong. As we finally got to the house and the owner carefully pulled the car cover off of the TA, I knew he had put alot of effort into taking care of the car.

The exterior was flawless. Not a single visible scratch that I could see, the only imperfections were the usual paint chips from rocks. The inside of the car was no different. The seat belt guides, seats, dash, steering wheel, and door panels, were all in perfect condition. Every gauge and button worked(minus the driver's side window button, which seems to work for a few seconds before dying, then works again a few minutes later), the AC blew cold, and the sound system was amazing. I was convinced before I even took it for a test drive, which convinced me even further.

A week later, that beauty of a car was in my garage. I just found these foruns today, and thought I'd share my story I'll have pics up after I get her washed n waxed if anyone's interested!

Congrats on a sweet find man. The thing with the window motor is very common on F-Bodies, both windows on my 99Z28 did that after a while, nothing a simple window motor swap wont fix
Old 05-24-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yea, lets see some pix of that bad boy. oh yea, congrats on the new toy.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Here you go guys, sorry they suck, it was on the upside of 95 today and I was in a hurry to get IN the car with my nice AC

Enjoy.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:43 PM
10 Second Truck Club

congrats on the find bro,car looks awesome,let the modding begin
Old 05-25-2008, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Take that valley sticker off. I think i'm gonna drive to Houston and teach you how to take pics lol nice car