Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member - TA Bob

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member - TA Bob

Hello everyone. I'm TA Bob. I look forward to interacting with all you LS1 people. I am not very site savvy at this time so take it easy on me.

I have a 1999 Trans Am Ram Air that is a 30th anniversary clone. I have the A4 trans with a shift kit and cat-back exhaust. I am afraid to do much more in fear I will mess something up. I really don't drive it like I stole it but it is nice to know there is something there when I want it. It seems to be a head turner. I have only had it up to about 115 mph and it seemed real stable. I love the suspension and how it takes curves. I live out in the country so I have opportunity to open it up on occasion.

Some day I would like to make it a perfect clone with the blue anodized wheels and the 30th anniversary interior. I am not sure how people feel about clones. You might think I am nothing more than a poser but I love the looks of a 30th. They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. I am very happy with what I got.

Well, if any one has any questions for me, let me know. Otherwise, I will keep cruising the site for interesting threads.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:42 PM
On The Tree

Welcome, clone away man I see no problem with it.
Old 05-30-2008, 02:59 PM
Staging Lane

If it's done right, I think clones a great, so go for it!
Old 05-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the welcome.

Any Idea how to find clone parts such as wheels and interior? I hear it my be difficult without an official 30th vin #.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Welcome man!
Old 05-30-2008, 08:13 PM
TECH Addict

It's gonna be very hard to find the blue wheels and the white interior. A lot of people with one usually don't drive it and are collecting it. I would just hold off on making it a clone and waiting around til one comes up for sale. That way you can buy the real deal and not have to be looking for parts that are hard to find to begin with. Well welcome to the site. The mod bug will surely come crawling your way.