Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

well helloo ls1tech

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well helloo ls1tech

well i just got a 94 formula m6 (141xxx miles) and the guy who i got it from told me this site was good for getting info. ive always been a chevy enthusiast (especially vettes) but i went for the baby brother. im from southern jersey but will be going to Northwestern Ohio to major in High performance automotive building. all i know are cars and its all i want to do with life. i hope to share some of my knowledge with fellow members to help solve their problems.

as for the car i plan on building a street/strip car out of it. ill be taking an apprenticeship with honda next summer so i cant go to crazy with the car (like gear changes that will kill gas mileage). I can rebuild a 10-bolt with my eyes shut though lol. I've got LT headers, x-pipe, cc503, roller rockers, springs, ripper shifter, new opti spark, CAI, lowering springs,some dynomax bullets, electric water pump, and egr/air block off to put on. Cat will be eliminated. The car will be getting painted black with purple metal flake in it. has 18x9.5 z06 wheels that will be painted gloss black and the calipers will be purple.

only problems so far is third gear is a bitch to get into when at the strip. hopefully the short throw eliminates that problem. im open to any tips or advice from you guys.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man, welcome to the forum. I am glad to see you made it back ok. I never heard anything, so i figured so. Have you started wrenching on the car yet? Well if you have any questions just let me know, and good luck with school. The truck is a beast by the way.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

welcome! post pics of your car.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

yup cars doing good. i just painted the wheels. had no right brake lights but i fixed it. i put the lower control arms in so far and changed the oil. nothing crazy so far. i took her to the track to see how it runs but third gear is a little wacky and wouldnt go in. maybe the syncro is shot but i ordered a short throw to see if that fix's the problem. going to start on the headers and stuff soon. i think the opti spark is going because its having a hard time starting every now and then. just needs some maintaince. she seems tp have sat for a long timee

btw, my car is formula 304's old car.

Last edited by wickedformula; 07-07-2008 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

Love to see the ride man!! Welcome aboard!
Old 07-09-2008, 03:07 PM
On The Tree

working on getting some pics up. i got purple hornies instead of dynomax bullets... going header's right to glass packs. might not even put the x-pipe in. depends on sound