Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Saying hi...

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saying hi...

Not new to this forum ... I used to have a S10 Blazer (4.3) that I joined for ... also somewhat active on the brother-site, PT.net.

However, I just got a new vehicle from a classmate - 1987 Pontiac Firebird Formula. It's a hardtop, the darker red color (ALMOST matches my C/K pickup) and has a little work done to it. 700r4 tranny (built), which I've heard is a pretty solid automatic transmission, LT1 stroker (383) motor and a Holley 700cfm 4bbl (vacuum secondaries I believe) and Edelbrock intake manifold with a mild cam. Factory-ish single exhaust (probably the factory L98 exhaust), and everything but the speedometer works.

Right now, she has 15" rims, WS6 suspension package (I've heard that's standard with the formulas of those years) and junk street (215mm) tires.

I was wondering if anyone has any idea what kind of times she'll run (at a junky track like Lapeer)? I've been racing for a while, so once I get 2-3 runs in (I'm going to Lapeer next weekend to get in 20-30 to get used to 'er before I run money brackets Sunday) I should be getting her going pretty good, you know, cut a decent tree and run within a tenth of her capabilities.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. She has new polyurethane mounts going in - I sheared the old mounts, so I figured better to go with the better mounts and not worry about it again than have the same thing happen again. Engine was rebuilt (and got stroked/cammed) about 3500 miles ago, same with the tranny. Paid $1k for it ... I just had to promise to let Frank (my friend who sold it to me) drive 'er every once in a while.

She was built (forged rods & pistons, holley carb, etc. etc.) to run nitrous, but that never happened, so for an all-motor setup running just i/h/e and posi (what I should have within 6 months) she'll be pretty darn reliable. He went out and bought a Honda Fit with the money from the sale ... needed a gas sipper.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink guild wars gold

Guild Wars gold Any Districts Fast Delivery GW Gold! New Guild Wars gold Site Live! Great news! We've lowered Guild Wars Gold prices on global servers any districts to give you the best deals around.