Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Long time lurker, first post

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Long time lurker, first post

Hello everybody, I just wanted to finally introduce myself. I have been lurking around on this site for about a year now. I am that forum type that reads everything and speaks up very little. However I can be a little long-winded when I do pipe up, as you can see. I just wanted to tell you all how incredibly helpful and professional this forum has been, as most car forums full of braggarts and jerks who just want attention. This site however is clearly filled with lots of car enthusiasts who just want to help everyone get the most out of these fantastic cars whether you are on a shoestring budget or have money (or rubber) to burn.

Last August I picked up a one owner 1999 Camaro SS with 107,000 miles that was staggeringly well maintained. I live in Minnesota so when I say that this is a car that has been a daily driver for eight years in this state (rain, snow or shine) and has no body or frame rust at all I want you to understand how well cared for this car has been.

Since that time this site had been of phenomenal help. I upgraded the brakes for a quarter of what the shop was asking for some generic replacements. (thanks to install university for their great instructions) And I installed an LS7 clutch system for about half the cost of the stock replacement. Plus dozens of smaller improvements including all the “free mods” and the FTRA (except the throttle bypass as I’m not sure if I still need that here in MN)

I used to own a Mercury Marauder that I bought new and it was a disaster. (Ford, I should have known better) It couldn’t roll all the windows up at one time, the brakes were mush, it drank fuel and the rear differential exploded. My new SS is faster, stronger, and thanks to this site runs better then any car I’ve owned, new or used.

Now that I am finally debt free I can hardly decide what to do first there are so many things I want to do to the car. But I am sure you guys will continue to be of great help. Thanks again and I hope I don’t bore you all when I do post.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did the same thing. Read about everything, got a car, then started posting.

Sounds like a nice car!

Now we need pics
Old 08-14-2008, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes sir need some pics...i agree this forum is the best thing in the world!!but glad you made a post neways and goodluck with the modding!!