Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the site, and Looking

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site, and Looking

Hey guys, Im currently going thru a divorce so soon it will be time for my new to me fbody or gto. I had a midnight blue 2005 gto i had to get rid of 4 mo. after getting it, she wanted a new house. so Im looking for some advise. what i want is a 98-06 that i can drive. not as a daily driver but if i want to drive to florida or something it wont drive me nuts. I would like lots of 400+ rwhp
So what i don't know is wether i should buy one with some mods already done or get a stock one and mod it my self. i know that already modified is cheaper than doing it your self. but on the other hand like i said i'd like to end up with a relatively quit car(sleeper). maybe you guys can tell me what mods to stay away from, or how best to get the power without making it to loud.

If you guys can help it would be great. Or if i dont make any sense that would be ok to thanks.
Old 08-19-2008, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

Welcome to LS1tech.com!

Peace,
CrazyCamaro.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Addict

Welcome to tech! Looks like you have plans of a cam in whatever you end up getting to reach the 400rwhp. Luckily theres plenty of "sleeper cams" that can help you reach your goal. Check out the LS1 internal engine section and you can find more info on that. of course a cam would come after all the supporting bolt ons and etc.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:01 AM

Thanks, I will look over there and see what I can find. I was thinking a can and ls6 heads and intake. I'm going to find me a gm powertrain engineer, I work in the complex as powertrain hq.