Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Whats up from northwestern MO.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 04:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up from northwestern MO.

Whats up y'all. My name is Todd I'm from a small city right on the MO/Ks border. I'm definitely into speed and going fast. I'm a fan of the good old trans am. I've had 4 of them I started out with a 91 GTA WS6, then had a 84 then bought a 96 lt1 that had a few mods but sadly had a lady pull out in front of me when I was going about 50 mph so it got totaled, then i purchased my favorite one of all a 2000 ls 1. it was pretty much stock but God I loved that car. Unfortunately I sold it not too long ago, but i think that within the next year I will be trying to get my hands on a WS6 6speed again. My dad and I are just now starting on a new project. We took a 5.3 vortech out of a 1500 chevy truck and we are turning it carb. and going to put it in a late 70's camaro. I'll post some pics up as the project continues on and let everyone know how the build is going if intersted and hopefully get some tips and advice.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.Post some picks when you get some.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:20 AM
Teching In

I'll get some pics up as the project begins to unfold. There has been a change in what car the motor is going into now. My dad has decided he wants to put it in a 3rd gen camaro now instead of a 2nd. Pics will be up soon hopefully.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:27 PM
Teching In

So the project had finally started to come to life, but as usual there has been another twist to it and once again its the car the motor is going in. We pick up a 1980 malibu for cheap. its primed ready for paint, it had some MT slicks on it, hurst quarter stick in it, with a 350 turbo. we picked it up from a guy my dad worked with. he had it and ran 3 gallons of gas through it and blew it up. the kid he bought it from dragged it and didnt drain the water before winter hit and well needless to say it froze and cracked the block, not knowing about it, the guy we bought it from took it out and ran the hell out of it for the very short lived life it had.
Me and my dad just started to pull all of the injection stuff off and are going through the motor right now. I will get some pics of the car up this weekend some time and give the all the details on the motor.
I'll be open to ideas and suggestion so let them roll.