Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newby

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newby

I just joined the site, and hope to find some expert help and advice here. My son's '77 Camaro caught fire last year, and I'm just starting a total rebuild on it. I thought (and he agreed) we should and upgrade the drivetrain.
The plan is to install a LS1, with a 460LE (is that the right number?) tranny. I'm a fairly good mechanic, and build in my garage like most guys. This is my first computerized engine exposure, so it could get real interesting. I'm just starting the 'education' process to get familiar with the terminology and other stuff.
Thanks in advance for what I know will be some great help along the way.
Ed.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

welcome man... well i have a 70 rs split bumper and just did the ls1-4L60E swap in it, and its a really easy swap,look at edlebrock, for motor mounts and headers, they make it a very easy swap by having those.. it didnt require anything beside i had to make a modify the tranny crossmember which wasnt that hard...the engine fits great and the headers do too..i used a ls1 radiator and fans too, its like the ls1 was made for the 2gen.
If you have any questions or anything, be sure to let me know and i can try to help you out with anything about the swap, goodluck and welcome!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 02:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the site.Sounds like a cool swap to me!!