Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally able to introduce myself (AZ T/A)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 10:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally able to introduce myself (AZ T/A)

I've been a lurker for a while, reading up on the LS motor in general for a while, since I knew I would own one someday. And sure enough, now I own one! I've had this car for about a month. I got it from a friend wrecked, and within two weeks, I had it fixed to better than how it was! I love driving this thing! Been my new daily for the last two weeks. I've been itching for a 6-speed, actually that's what sold the car for me! Just gotta learn to keep off the go-pedal though... getting a little too carried away at times! Oh, and my buddy had it dynoed at 428 rwhp with the mods in my sig. I'll get it done someone to say that "I" dynoed it, but it sounds like, and feels every bit of that number! Well, here are the pics!

Old 09-17-2008, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry but there is no way you are at 428rwhp with just longtubes and an intake. Car looks good but dont be to bummed when you get a dyno that shows you less than 400. If you think it feels fast now just wait till you get some more extensive mods like heads and a cam..Then you will think fast.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

I didn't list all mods. The car does have a radical cam, I just need to get the exact specs from the last owner, I've just never been in a dire rush to get them. I don't doubt the last owner, he'd have no reason to lie, one of the most honest guys I know.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:35 PM
TECH Resident

welcome... not to be calling bs but im maybe maybe maybe pushing 360 rwhp with the mods in my sig... more like 350 i would have to say ur in the same neighborhood with just LTs and fast combo... nice car tho
Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol i guess you put the CAM in the sig too late...well thats a sweet looking car man i really like...got any future mods in mind??
Old 09-18-2008, 12:53 AM
Launching!

Nice freaking car... I cant wait to get an LS1!!!!

Vince
Old 09-18-2008, 03:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Car looks very good
Old 09-18-2008, 10:44 AM
On The Tree

Thanks for the replies.

And I'll add... here is a quote from the last owner right after he installed the cam and dynoed it, Feb 07.

"My car was able to make 414/373 and once i figure out how to get the sheet posted ill get that up

Mods = AZPS 02 cam, LT's with a catted y-pipe dumped at my *** (TD's get on monday) FAST 90/90 setup and the worst filter you could ever put on a car lol

Im very happy with what it made!"

This was before the true duals, and it's still running just a crappy Fram filter. Unfortunately the people at AZP&S didn't release cam specs when they were in business, so I guess I'm SOL on that. It's now got true duals, but the same crappy filter. Either going to throw a K&N in, or get the Suncoast Ram Air kit.

Last edited by campbellshotrods; 09-18-2008 at 10:48 AM. Reason: added info