LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

pressure sending unit, and opti harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default pressure sending unit, and opti harness

The oil pressure sending unit, does it matter how its oriented? I had to turn the fitting it goes into pointing more towards the passenger side and up instead of sideways to the driver side like it was on my motor. Just wondering if this will cause it to not work properly. Merv how the hell did you get yours to screw in there with the way you setup that stuff in the back? The sending unit would not fit at all so I pulled the fitting it goes into tighter and pointing at the passenger side? Doesn't matter if its more up than sideways right??

Now on the opti harness, what was changed 95+ was it at the opti itself?
Just wondering before I order my wire, its a 94 car with a 95 motor(vented opti). Also is Frost's company making o2 extensions yet?

Last edited by camar0corey; 10-13-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 PM
TECH Junkie

So whats the deal on the Opti harness? I want to order this stuff, hopefully running next week. If Frost's company isn't making o2 extenders whose got them cheap?
Old 10-18-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Ok I ordered my o2 extensions from Adaptive Performance, I hope they are good.

Now no one has answered the opti harness question, but I'm about to assume I want the 95+ harness, looks like the connector is different at the opti and not at the wire harness from what I have seen in pictures. If I'm wrong I hope someone posts up.

Edit: I just ordered it, so I hope it was right. I don't want to be sitting around next week when my PCM comes back wishing I had ordered the part. If its wrong I'll send it back.

Tommarow I get to see if I can pull the oil pressure wire out of the loom or if I will cut and extend it back to where I have the oil pressure sending unit now. Still have no idea if it will function properly now that it is more skyward than sideways..........

Last edited by camar0corey; 10-18-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have the vented opit you need the harness for the vented opti (95+)

Quick Reply: pressure sending unit, and opti harness