Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

95 Camaro LS3 Conversion for Dummies

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 95 Camaro LS3 Conversion for Dummies

Ok first I am very new at this and second, the economy is in the dumps, so aside from jumping out of a high rise window, I thought it may be better to perform a conversion on my Camaro and install a LS3, so I'm seeking your advice.

Is there a one stop location to a “Complete Guide for Dummies on Installing a LS3 in a 95 Camaro”? I see bits and pieces all over this very good site for "Here is what I done.", but no one source, one location, no one link.

I was thinking if there was one location someone could point me to, that would be great. However if there wasn’t, maybe someone could write a manual and sell it to thousands of likeminded individuals. It would boost the economy, get money flowing and we wouldn't have to bail out Wall St., the banks, and we all can live comfortably in our recently devalued homes. Or just maybe if everyone listed their steps they performed here on this thread, I could combine the info, write the book, become rich and famous, and bail out the government.

What do you say?

My name is John Oliver and I approve this message.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

Check the faq on this section. An ls3 is a spendy way to go, but lurk around. Your car is an f body so the swap shouldn't be terribly complicated.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your in the right place. but there is no holy grail of all info. Your gonna have to sweep up the scraps to get a complete picture. Also important is to no good advise from bad advise as you will get alot of both.

I personally think you have your sights set a bit high with a LS3 as you can make the same or more power for way less money with a LS1/2 and not have as many electrical issues.

Re'
Old 10-16-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RE AND CHERYL
I personally think you have your sights set a bit high with a LS3 as you can make the same or more power for way less money with a LS1/2 and not have as many electrical issues.

Re'
Or a truck motor..

Quick Reply: 95 Camaro LS3 Conversion for Dummies