Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Having a problem with Speed inc rails and injector orings sealing to intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Having a problem with Speed inc rails and injector orings sealing to intake

Ok So I have a D1 procharged 347 about 12psi with LS6 intake, Speed Inc fuel rails, and 60# injectors. I have about 3k miles on the setup now. Well after racing at the track the other week I started having idle issues. Long story short I have a vaccum leak at the #2 injector. From what I can see after inspecting it(I haven't pulled the injectors or rails out yet) I can see that injectors don't see squarely in the injector bungs like they are on an angle I think almost promoting them to start to leak. I don't want to replace the injector orings and then have this problem again. I want to get this fixed right. Now I have no way or adjusting the rails postion unless I drill out and elongate the holes in the mounting tabs. Has anyone had a problem with this before or have any suggestions. Here are some pics to show what I mean

Old 10-26-2008, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Ok So I have a D1 procharged 347 about 12psi with LS6 intake, Speed Inc fuel rails, and 60# injectors. I have about 3k miles on the setup now. Well after racing at the track the other week I started having idle issues. Long story short I have a vaccum leak at the #2 injector. From what I can see after inspecting it(I haven't pulled the injectors or rails out yet) I can see that injectors don't see squarely in the injector bungs like they are on an angle I think almost promoting them to start to leak. I don't want to replace the injector orings and then have this problem again. I want to get this fixed right. Now I have no way or adjusting the rails postion unless I drill out and elongate the holes in the mounting tabs. Has anyone had a problem with this before or have any suggestions. Here are some pics to show what I mean

THE SEIMENS injectors come with a 14.5 mm bottom oring, you need 15mm on that manifold. plus make sure you use viton. We have the correct ones that should take care of the leak
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

PM sent