LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

calling all with flowmaster Y merge on pacesetter y-pipe????

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default calling all with flowmaster Y merge on pacesetter y-pipe????

so im wanting to put the flowmaster y merge on my pacesetter y pipe to get some more flow and a smoother sound out of it. im really thinking of doing this instead of duals number one b/c it is cheaper and number two it would give me about the same sound and performance. which one are you guys running? the 3" to 3.5" or 3" to 4"?? and could i possibly get some pics of the way yalls look??
Old 10-30-2008, 11:34 AM
Staging Lane

I am running a Flowmaster merge on my y pipe. It’s the dual 3 inch to 4 inch, which hooks up to my Mufflex 4 inch cat back. I’m also running Kooks headers, but that shouldn’t matter in this case. I actually had this y pipe custom fabbed on the car at Mufflex. I purchased the Flowmaster merge from Summit and had them use it during the install. I don’t like the way most y pipes are constructed, including the one from Kooks, as the two 3 inch pipes are sorta "joined" together, and don’t have a smooth transition from the dual 3 to the single 4 inch. The Flowmaster merge is a nice piece, and should be used in every y pipe build. I believe all of the Mufflex y pipes used them. Here is a pic of mine on the car, not the best pic but I hope it helps...

Nick
Old 10-30-2008, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends. Going up in exhaust size starts to get really expensive. If you can make your own pipe its probably not bad.

Example: Mufflex 4" ypipe $275, 4" bullet $40, 4" turndown $60.

I ordered the 2.5" h pipe, 2 bullets, clamps for the collectors, $190 shipped.
I'm going to have to update my complete price for the 2.5" duals though down the road. Had to make up some ugly stuff in my driveway to clear SLP subframe connectors, I gotta visit a shop with a exhaust bender.

If ground clearance isn't a issue going duals could potentially be a lot cheaper. Weigh out what you really want.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

well i was only going to purchase the actual merge piece itself and have a 4" bullet or something. i wasn't gonna buy the mufflex y. its too expensive. i may try and fit it to the merge myself. ive never heard bullets in an h-pipe setup. id like to hear it.

Quick Reply: calling all with flowmaster Y merge on pacesetter y-pipe????