Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

finally got my strange to shut up!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 05:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default finally got my strange to shut up!

we rebuilt my strange last week with the NTN solid roller berings that they are supposidly using now along with their machined shim and spacer. we put in all new berings and shims and seals with a fresh set of 4.10's. set the pinion depth and backlash to richmonds specs and WOW!

that thing is almost 10 bolt quiet! i have had the strange for a year and a half and it hasnt been that quiet since the first day it went in the car! now i just hope it holds its setup after launching on it a few times.

i gotta thank Eric at kent island speed for rebuilding it for the 3rd time for me!

no, i gotta quiet down the rattles and such that i never heard before because the rear was so loud.

Old 09-24-2003, 06:01 PM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: finally got my strange to shut up!

I hope I'm that lucky on my 3rd rebuild coming up soon. My last one with all new parts lasted about 5 passes then got screamingly loud AGAIN.
Old 09-28-2003, 08:14 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: finally got my strange to shut up!

i was in the same boat, on the 2nd rebuild, 1st time i launched it hard, it started screaming and it was all down hill after that.

if you look at the races when you pull them out, they will more than likly be oval shaped to some extent.